? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Dream of the Holy Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam)

It was the noble habit of Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wa sallam that after the Fajr salaat he used to turn and face his companions and ask them: "Did anyone of you see any dream last night?" If anyone saw a dream, he would relate it to him and he would give some interpretation to it. As was his habit, he once asked them if any one of them had seen any dream. They all said that they had not seen any dream. He then said: "I saw a dream last night that two people came to me, took hold of my hand and led me towards a sacred place. I saw a man sitting and another standing with pincers in his hand. He was tearing open the sitting man's cheek until it reached his neck. He then did the same with the other cheek. In the meantime, the first cheek came back to its normal position, so he did the same to it again. I asked the angels: "What is this?" They replied: "Carry on further."

We continued further until we passed by a person who was lying down and another person was standing at his head-side with a heavy boulder in his hand. He took the boulder and, with full force, he burst his head. Once the boulder struck him, it fell and rolled away to a far distance. When he went to pick up that boulder and by the time that he returned, this person's head became normal again. So he burst it again. I asked them: "What is this?" They replied: "Carry on further."

We carried on further until we reached a cave which was like an oven. It was very wide at the bottom and very narrow on top. A fire was burning in it and it was filled with many naked men and women. When the flames rose, all of them rose with it until they were about to fall out. When the flames subsided, they all also went down with it. I asked them: "What is this?" They both replied: "Carry on further."

We proceeded further until we reached a river of blood. A person was standing in the centre of the river, and on the bank another man was standing with many boulders in front of him. The man in the centre walked towards the bank and when he was about to come out, the person on the bank threw a boulder on his face with such force that he returned to his original place in the centre. When he tried to come out again, he threw a boulder at him and sent him back. I asked them: "What is this?" They replied: "Carry on further."

We proceeded further until we reached a green and luscious garden. There was a huge tree and under it an old man and many children were sitting. Near the tree there was another man sitting. There was a fire burning in front of him which he was blowing. Thereafter my two companions lifted me up and took me on top of the tree. Within the tree, a beautiful house was being constructed. They took me inside it; I had never seen such a beautiful house. There were many old and young men and women, and many children inside. After taking me outside, we went to an even higher place. Over there was a house which was better than the first one. They took me inside; there were also young and old people in it. I said to those two persons: "You took me around throughout the night, now tell me about all these mysteries."

One of them said: " The one whose cheeks you saw being torn apart is a liar. He used to speak lies until they used to become famous everywhere. They will continue doing this to him right until qiyaamah. As for the one whose head you saw getting smashed, he was a person whom Allah had given knowledge of the Quran. He was negligent of it at night and did not practise on it during the day. He will be punished right until qiyaamah in this way. As for those whom you saw in the cave of fire, they were all adulterers. As for the one in the river of blood, he was a devourer of usury (interest). The old man under the tree is Ibrahim alayhis salaam and all the children around him are the infants of other people. The person blowing the fire is the Guardian of Hell. The first house which you entered is for the general Muslims. The second house is for the martyrs. I am Jibra'eel and this is Mika'eel." He then said: "Lift your head." I lifted my head and saw a white cloud above me. He said: "This is your house." I said: "Let me enter my house." He replied: "Your life is not completed yet. There's still some time left. If it was complete, you would have entered it now." [Bukhari]

Lesson: It should be known that dreams of prophets are revelations. All these incidents are true. Several things are learnt from this Hadith: (a) the severe punishment for speaking lies, (b) the fate of an aalim who does not practise on his knowledge, (c) the punishment for adultery, (d) the punishment for devouring interest. May Allah Ta'ala protect all Muslims from all these sins.
-Bahishti Zewar : Hadhrat Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi (R.A)

0 comments: